A Postpartum Doula
Postpartum Doula Day Services in New Haven, CT
Postpartum is a time of huge changes – for the mom, for the couple, and for the family. What can you expect?
- You’ll (mom) need to heal from delivery both physically and hormonally and sometimes emotionally
- You may feel overwhelmed with the bringing home of your baby. First-time moms often feel they don’t know what they are doing, second-time moms worry about their older child
- Breastfeeding is an adjustment. It is initially a 24/7 job. It will get easier but for the first two weeks, it needs to be the mom’s primary job, if possible.
- In practical terms, you need to rest. Easier said than done. There is always needs to be met – yours and the family’s
How can a Postpartum Doula help?
- A doula is warm, nurturing and experienced.
- She will provide current information about newborns and their care and breastfeeding information and suggestions if needed.
- She will care for the family’s needs: sibling care, prepare meals for the family, family laundry, light housekeeping, and errands
- She eases the adjustment for everyone. Mom has someone to ask questions of and as a second pair of hands;
- Dad can ask his questions and go to work knowing his family is cared for. Older children can be played with and kept busy, fed and picked up or dropped off to activities if needed.
A doula is there decrease stress and increase the joy a new baby can bring. We are a short-term service. We have no minimum number of days or nights that are required to contract. Call MothersCare for more information 203-375-5719 or email us [email protected]